It is important to us that we represent the society we serve. We want to have a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment.
To make it happen, we:
- measure and improve diversity at GDS
- create an inclusive working environment through our networks
- embed inclusivity at all levels of GDS, including leadership
- ensure diversity and representation at all levels
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Respect, collaboration and trust are at the core of our culture. We trust each other to do our best work. We believe in our mission and work for the whole population. We can only do that by being an equitable organisation ourselves.
We believe that diverse teams are better. We are trying to make sure that everyone has a fair and equitable experience of being on the team and progressing in the team.
We’ll consider all applicants who meet the criteria for employment, without regard to race, colour, religion, class, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability or age.
Creating an inclusive environment
We have a strong group of networks operating across the organisation, nearly all of which are sponsored by a senior leader.
These networks include:
- BAME (Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic) network
- Mental health network
- Wellbeing network
- Disability at GDS
- LGBT+ group
- GDS introverts network
- Public sector neurodiversity
- Social mobility
Our networks challenge everyone in the organisation to think about how we can be more inclusive in every aspect of our work.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives
We aim to make our interview process as inclusive for all candidates. Please see below some of the initiatives that we have in place:
- as a disability confident employer, we have committed to interviewing all candidates who identify as disabled and meet the minimum requirement for one of our roles under our Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS)
- inclusive interview panels - we aim to reflect the society we serve. One of the ways we do this is to ensure our interview panels are gender inclusive as well as minority race and ethnicity inclusive
- all our vacancies at GDS are apart of Great Place to Work for Veterans(Link opens in a new tab) initiative, which looks to achieve its ambition of making the United Kingdom the best place to be a veteran anywhere in the world